Saturday, March 31, 2007

Just Joey Hybrid Tea Rose


Just Joey is one of my favorite roses in the San Antonio garden. The bush is not spectacular, though attractive for a hybrid tea, but it's the flowers I love. They're a rich apricot color when they open, fading to pale gold as they age. The fragrance is full and sweet.

When the afternoon sunlight caught this bloom as I worked at my desk this afternoon, I couldn't resist grabbing the camera. The bloom to the left of the illuminated Just Joey is from a bush that was in the yard when I bought the house. I believe it's the grandiflora Queen Elizabeth. There is only a faint fragrance, which is a major drawback far as I'm concerned, but the double flowers are nicely formed and grow on long, straight stems, great for cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment